An Ankylosing Spondylitis diagnosis may leave you with many questions. It is a good idea to make a list of questions to ask your Rheumatologist.
The following questions are aimed to help you get answers you are seeking:
The genetics around Ankylosing Spondylitis
- If Ankylosing Spondylitis is genetic, why don’t all the members of my family have it?
- What are the chances that my children will inherit Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- What are my treatment options?
- What are my treatment goals?
- Do these treatment options target both my immediate symptoms as well as long term effect of the disease?
- I have read about Ankylosing Spondylitis causing damage to the spine. Is there any therapy that can help me slow down this damage?
- What are biologics?
- How long do I have to take these medicines?
- Are these drugs safe to take?
- What could be the possible side effects of these therapies?
Lifestyle modification with Ankylosing Spondylitis
- What are the best exercises for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Do I need to go to a physiotherapist?
- How can I maintain my posture?
- What lifestyle modification can help me deal with Ankylosing Spondylitis better?
- Is there any diet recommendation for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- How do I manage flares?
It is also important for you to carry the following documents for your visit
- Reports of recent investigations (laboratory/ imaging tests)
- Prescriptions or referral notes from other doctors
Together, let’s aim to Fight The Fuse!
Ask your Rheumatologist for biologics that slow down spinal fusion.
In Collabration with Novartis