Ankylosing Spondylitis can impact every area of your life. It is important for you to develop a positive approach towards managing your condition. Here are a few lifestyle modifications that will help you live well with Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fight The Fuse.
Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Plenty of vegetables, sprouts and fruits
- Whole grains
- Omega-3 or healthy fats
- Plenty of fluids
Ensure that you sleep well
- Sleep for 7 to 8 hours
- Ensure good sleep posture
- Sleep on firm and even surfaces
- Develop a bed time routine
Be stress free
- Consider deep breathing or yoga
- Journal your thoughts
- Join support groups
- Get professional help
Learn new ways to cope with your symptoms and Fight The Fuse!
Ask your Rheumatologist for biologics that slow down spinal fusion.
- Everyday health. A Healthy Diet for Ankylosing Spondylitis. Available [Online] at: https://www.everydayhealth.com/ankylosing-spondylitis/a-healthy-diet-for-ankylosing-spondylitis.aspxAccessed on 15 April 2020
- Arthritis health. How to Sleep Better if You Have Ankylosing Spondylitis. Available [Online] at: https://www.arthritis-health.com/blog/how-sleep-better-if-you-have-ankylosing-spondylitisAccessed on 16 April 2020
- Everyday health. What to Do When Ankylosing Spondylitis Gets You Down. Available [Online] at:
https://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/ankylosing-spondylitis-treatment-management/when-ankylosing-spondylitis-gets-you-down/Accessed on 16 April 2020
In Collabration with Novartis